Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal: Spring Lettuce Planted

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal

Welcome to Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal or Blog, if you like. This is where you can keep up to date on what is happening in my square foot garden, so check back often for updates!! This is a supplement to my main Square Foot Gardeing Web Page which can be viewed by clicking on the following link:

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Page

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States


Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring Lettuce Planted

The weather has finally turned warmer!!! I did plant some lettuce seedlings out into the garden on April 16th and a few more yesterday under the plastic hoop. Because of all of the cold March temperatures, this is about 2 weeks later than I normally like to get the lettuce in the ground. Here are the lettuce seedlings I have planted so far: Salad Bowl, Sierra, Nevada, and Grand Rapids. I am still waiting for the lettuce Green Towers seedlings to get a little bigger in order to plant out into the garden. The garden peas have started to poke up through the soil. I have harvested a few green onions already with many more to come. My brother will be planting Yukon Gold potatoes within the next week and I am going to also plant potatoes in my new Potato Bag (check back for updates on this). I am going to try to get my Pakman broccoli seedlings in the ground in about 7 to 10 days, with the cabbage and brussel sprouts not too far behind that. I figure I am probably about 3 weeks away from the average last frost (Knock on Wood).