Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal: Spring is Back - Time to Plant Onions and Lettuce

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal

Welcome to Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal or Blog, if you like. This is where you can keep up to date on what is happening in my square foot garden, so check back often for updates!! This is a supplement to my main Square Foot Gardeing Web Page which can be viewed by clicking on the following link:

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Page

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States


Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring is Back - Time to Plant Onions and Lettuce

I made it through the last cold snap relatively unscathed. I did bring in my seedlings from the cold frame on several nights when I thought it might be too cold for them. I planted my onions slips yesterday and planted most of my lettuce seedlings today. I will be starting some more lettuce seeds within the next week or so. I am hopeful that the weather will stay more like "normal" now. The weather for about a week was more like mid winter than early spring. I will be planting my peas in another few days if it is not too wet and rainy. My broccoli, cabbage, and brussel sprout plants are almost large enough to plant out into the garden. I am going to wait about another week to plant them. That is all for now. Get out there and enjoy your garden!!