Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal: Cold Frame, Compost, and Worms

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal

Welcome to Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal or Blog, if you like. This is where you can keep up to date on what is happening in my square foot garden, so check back often for updates!! This is a supplement to my main Square Foot Gardeing Web Page which can be viewed by clicking on the following link:

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Page

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States


Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cold Frame, Compost, and Worms

Nearly all of my seeds have germinated to date and are in the cold frame. The cold frame is nearly full now. The weather has been really nice the past few days with highs at or near 80. The nice weather has allowed me the time to empty both of my compost bins. The compost was spread onto all of my garden plots. Believe it or not I still have one big chunk of compost still frozen that was in the center of my bigger compost bin!! I guess it WAS really cold this winter. I will be starting my pepper and tomato seeds soon. BTW I have purchased a worm bin to try some vermicomposting. The worm castings, otherwise known as worm poop, make an excellent soil amendment. I will be reporting on the progress of the worm bin in later posts. Happy Gardening!!