Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal

Welcome to Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal or Blog, if you like. This is where you can keep up to date on what is happening in my square foot garden, so check back often for updates!! This is a supplement to my main Square Foot Gardeing Web Page which can be viewed by clicking on the following link:

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Page

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States


Sunday, March 04, 2007

Cold Weather For Early March

The weather has been colder than average so far for late February and early March here in central Indiana. The temperatures at least warmed up enough over the last 10 days or so to melt almost all of the snow that was on the ground. Wow, I am soooooo ready for spring!!! The forecast is for warmer temps next week.......HOORAY!!!! I plan on putting up my cold frame tomorrow and placing it out in the garden. I will not have any plants out in it, but at least it will make me feel better :-)

I am going to start some lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, and brussel sprout seeds right after I post this blog entry. I will be planting these in vermiculite in my cell packs and placing them under some lights until they germinate. After germination, I will put them into the cold frame.

By the way, let me know what you think of my new blog/journal. I am trying to keep this blog as uncluttered as possible. Man, I have seen some blogs that were so busy you did not even feel like reading them. Please feel free to post comments to any blog entry. You can find the link to do so after every entry. I would like to hear from my readers. Maybe tell me how your garden is growing, etc. Also, please note that you can now sign up to receive e-mails every time this blog is updated!! Look for the sign up box on the left side of this page. I think you will like this feature.

Everybody is blogging nowdays, but heck, I have been posting on-line garden journal entries since 2002. I do not even thinks blogs were around then. Enough rambling for now. Get Out There and Garden!!