Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal: Spring Has Sprung

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal

Welcome to Tim's Square Foot Gardening Journal or Blog, if you like. This is where you can keep up to date on what is happening in my square foot garden, so check back often for updates!! This is a supplement to my main Square Foot Gardeing Web Page which can be viewed by clicking on the following link:

Tim's Square Foot Gardening Page

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States


Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring Has Sprung







Well, the weather here has been really warm for this time of year, although we have had enough rain to last us for awhile as most of the stream and rivers around Indiana are at or above flood stage. The red bud trees are about ready to break into bloom and some of the spring bulbs are in bloom.

I received my red worms the other day and I put them into my stackable worm bin. See pictures above courtesy of Brandon Smith. The worms seem to be doing well so far. I will be keeping the worm bin inside in the basement. My plants inside my cold frame are doing well so far and seem to be growing nicely. I planted my green pepper seeds two days ago and I will be planting my Roma tomato seeds today. The forecast is for warmer than normal temperature for the next week or so. I just hope it does not rain too much more so the soil will dry out. I should be receiving my onion plants in another week or so.